Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vinyl Cafe

The past few days have been very encouraging for me. The highlight was probably attending a Vinyl Café concert with Stuart McLean. For those not in the know he has a show on CBC radio where he tells uplifting, humorous stories. The icing on the cake was we met personally with Stuart after the concert. This was arranged by one of the nurses we consulted with this past week. God works things out in his timing even to seeing the nurse this particular week. This brings to mind a favourite verse of the boys at the school I taught at in Kenya so many years ago – Jer. 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

4 comments:

  1. It was a fabulous show...so neat that you got to meet him! I laughed till it hurt that evening. Stuart is a great storyteller...hits you where you live in so many ways. It makes me so happy to know you were able to take that in...blessings continue!
    Love and prayers
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Vinyl cafe, got Mom, Aunty Sheila, and Lana (daughter) his books for Christmas one year. Humour, laughing, it is such a blessing. Glad that you got to meet him and to listen to him. Glad that you are feeling better. Take care. All our love
    Alexa and Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I am glad that went well. Thats so cool you got to see the show live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laverne and John, I check in once in a while to see how you are all doing. I'm glad to see John is feeling better these days and glad to know that he is home in the community that cares so much for him.
    ~Mary(Hogan)Hicks

    ReplyDelete