Thursday, August 20, 2009

To Begin

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 ~7:30pm

While biking on a logging road, John went over the handlebars of his bike and suffered a spinal injury. Laverne was close by and began CPR as John was unable to breathe on his own. Within minutes, God provided a man on an ATV to get help. The firemen showed up in good time, however 30 minutes passed before an ambulance arrived on the scene. They immediately initiated "auto-launch" whereupon an air ambulance was scrambled, even while they were loading John into the land ambulance, half an hour away from the hospital. Upon arriving at the hospital, John was unconscious and put on a ventilator. The nurses who tended to him, Connie and Ellen are friends of the Dalziels. One worked with John, and the other went to school with Laverne. John went into cardiac arrest, thankfully this happened at the hospital. He was medivaced to Vancouver General Hospital by helicopter, arriving around 10:00 pm the same night.


3 comments:

  1. John, Laverne & Katie,
    Our family are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all, I love you cuz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I just found out the news from the Brouwer family. I am so sorry to hear about John's accident. I'm glad there are so many people around to support him while in Vancouver. If the family needs anything please contact me and I will do my best up here in Powell River to help out any way I can. Sincerly Ayla Jones (used to go to the kelly creek kids club).I Will be praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete