Saturday, August 22, 2009

Longer short term memory

Saturday, August 22, 2009

This song John requested that we sing by his bedside. We had to print out the words but he mouthed them without any trouble and knows them by heart.

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow'r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.

John is becoming more aware of what is going on in ICU, looking around and asking questions. He asked that Laverne read him Psalm 45. His memory is improving - he was able to tell his nephew that he had an accident on his bike.

The ICU doctor said John is doing well and does not think the pneumonia is too serious, and he is not needing as much medication to maintain his blood pressure.

4 comments:

  1. Hi John and Laverne,

    Nan Kee just passed the news of the accident to me a few minutes ago, and I'll pass the word along to a few other old friends on Vancouver Island who may not have heard yet.

    John goes near the top of my prayer list.

    Hang in there, all of you.

    Love in Jesus,
    Dave Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Laura, Uncle Bill, cousin Laverne & husband John and the rest of your loving family.

    Kerry & I have you in our thoughts and prayers.

    In Jesus we trust.
    cousin Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too have been reading the 45th Psalm along with you in Halifax (Susan, Mark, Elke, Scott). Even as he faces this challenge, John continues to teach us.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with s biagi, John you are a tireless leader, whom we all admire. Today during worship I was inspired by the hyme you had on your heart. I aften say when things are though.... all I can do is worship HIM....but John you have challenged me to dig even deeper into that well of worship. I admire your resolve to serve and love your God at all times in all things....I am praying for deep, deep revelations of HIS presence for all of you. I am praying for sweet intimacy and of course miracles. We love you all.

    Blessings from the Tanasiuk crew

    ReplyDelete