Friday, March 30, 2012

The Next Step and a Challenge For You!

One of the results of my love of books and reading is that I have wanted to write a book. When I retired I thought I would have time to write. Dr. Bob Butkus was an inspiration to me. He was the principal of the Powell River campus of Malaspina University College and my boss. He retired before me and wrote a book.
I found that even in retirement I didn't find time to write my book. But now I do have the time; so I am trying to get started. To help me get going I am working through The 12-Day Plan of Simple Writing Exercises from the Writers Digest online newsletter.
Now I come to my challenge to you and, incidentally, an opportunity to inspire me. The challenge comes from the first day:
Day 1:
Write 10 potential book titles of books you’d like to write.
I added a short description of the story to each title. Here is one of my 10:
  1. A Woman For All Seasonings a cook makes meals for the elderly and listens to their stories
Your challenge: to post a title with a short explanation of the story. 

And now is a good time to encourage you to join the Minister's Cat. If you do join then your posts will include your name and I'll know who you are.

The Minister's Cat says, "Bye for now. Meow!"

3 comments:

  1. Great title, John!

    I just stumbled upon your post today, but I too have had a lifelong dream writing a book. Here's my title:

    Came to Believe: A Pauper's Journey Toward the Crown

    The story of one woman's journey from fear to faith.

    Blessings!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home Stories
    A Happy Life Homeschooling

    Connie Gibson :)

    I think Day 4 will prove challenging.
    I like your poem, John :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are writing. I know your book will be a great read. Aunt Sheila say yeah! and can't wait to read it.
    Your poem is wonderful You can see you got the family gene for writing.

    Willa & the family in Trail

    ReplyDelete