Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Keeping Fit?

Physical Fitness
Last month I attended a disability EXPO in Vancouver. There I saw a machine that will exercise my arms and legs, called APT. That stands for Active Passive Trainer.
Think of a stationary bicycle you might see in a gym. That is an Active Trainer. Now attach a motor to it to drive my feet, or hands, around and you have a Passive Trainer. Since my muscles do not to my command the P is for me.
I suggested to my care givers that they  could use my trainer in the active mode to get exercise. They said they would rather use the passive mode so they could go to sleep like I do, NOT TRUE!



Spiritual Fitness
I wanted to establish a Bible reading program to read the whole Bible in a year. I use a free Bible program called eSword. It has the capability for setting up a reading program, but it has to be set up by the user and you have to log in to access the reading. I call this Active Spiritual Training, AST.
Then I found a plan I call PST, Passive Spiritual Training. The Bible Gateway reading plans have the advantage of being pre set. I set my plan to send an email with the days reading and link to the reading online. This way I am directed to my reading daily.
Greetings to all,
John

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update!
    I was wondering when you started talking about PST if you were going to get political and start talking about HST! Maybe HST could stand for Heavenly Spiritual Training. :)

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you again John. Wonderful that you are keeping fit, both physically and spiritually. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see a post from you I was getting worried since I had no updates since Sept!! Glad you are getting to "work out" both mentally, physically and spiritually. You are all in my thoughts often.
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome John, you look so buff...glad you have found something and will definitely take a look at the spiritual health later...hugs and double hugs
    Alexa and Don

    ReplyDelete