Tuesday, November 22, 2011

1. Prayer

The first of the 4 ways John Stott says that Christians can influence the world is through prayer. I have always been tickled by a made up verse for the chorus I've Been Redeemed:
You can talk about me any time you please.
I'll talk about you, when I'm on my knees.
  A Biblical example of this is found in the life of the prophet Samuel. After Saul and the people had disobeyed Samuel his response was:
 (1Sa 12:23)  Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:
My church is across the street from Kelly Creek Community School (K to 6). We have had a very cordial relation with the school over the years. Do we always agree with the school? No ... but, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for them.

If I were to invite all my neighbors (readers) to church this week it would be very difficult for me and them. But if I asked them if I could pray for them I think it would be easier for all of us.
So ... What can I pray for you? Email me with your prayer needs: j_dalziel@yahoo.co.uk
Till next time
john

1 comment:

  1. Good word brother John!
    Prayer changes things ... starting with us.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete